Wallpapers and wall coverings have gone through varying periods of popularity over the years. In 2020, wallpapers have become a key trend for home decor and improvement. If you think of redecorating a room, wallpapers are a great way to bring a new design and style level to any indoor space.
Using wallpaper, you can transform any indoor space without much effort or money. This blog will teach you everything you need to know about this practical decorating choice, from wallpaper trends to wallpaper tips and tricks.
Wallpaper Trends: What Was Popular This Year?
Wallpapers are an expressive and personal decorating choice. Whatever your taste is, there is a wide variety of wallpaper designs you can choose from. From traditional florals and tropical patterns to contemporary geometric and architectural designs, wallpapers come in all kinds of ways, styles, colors, and textures.
Throughout 2020, wallpaper trends included bold patterns, warm colors, 3-D textures, and nature-inspired materials. Plus, with new printing techniques and finishes, wallpapers are now as beautiful and unique as ever before. Whether you’re creating a feature wall or decorating many walls in the same room, these are the wallpaper trends worth buying into right now.
Tapestry-inspired designs have had a lot of popularity this year. This style is perfect for bringing out space’s aesthetic. Idyllic landscapes usually inspire these wallpapers. Featuring tones of greens, blues, and neutrals, tapestry-inspired wallpapers create a calm interior.
These rustic wallpapers are made with durable, natural, and woven materials. Many of these wallpaper even include things like wicker, grass, straw, and silk.
Wallpaper with soft and three-dimensional surfaces are one of the latest trends in wallcoverings. These texture effects make wallpapers more interactive. Some of these wallpapers include printed cork, beaded papers, and 3D geometric designs that pop out of the walls. This kind of wallpaper makes rooms cozier.
Modern tropical and botanical prints are among the most used wallpapers among homeowners, with influences from nature and a blend of different color palettes and patterns. These wallpapers portray the outdoors in fun and appealing ways.
The tropical trend is here to stay, with many new season collections featuring classic palms and exotic botanicals.
Tips On Installing Wallpaper
When wallpapering your walls, you must know how to match the style of every room. If you are redecorating a whole room, think of the type and colors you will like it to have.
- If you want a romantic style, try delicate florals with fine lines in muted, pastel colors. A 3D-textured wallpaper with soft flowers popping out would give your space the coziness you are looking for.
- If you prefer a more simple design, faux finishes such as beadboard and stucco are simple options. Simple geometrical designs will also give the space a relaxed feel.
- For a contemporary room, consider bold geometrics with high gloss and metallic accents. Large-scale and bold florals also make a high-fashion statement this year.
- Architectural designs and 3-D designs also make your rooms look modern.
- If you prefer a more traditional style, you can go for the typical stripes, which blend perfectly with most furnishings and decor.
Painting VS Wallpaper
Painting is also an excellent way to enhance the feel and look of any indoor space. Here are some of the benefits of using wallpaper over paint:
- Available in a wide variety of colors, patterns, designs, and surface finishes.
- Wallpapers, especially the ones with peel-and-stick options, are easier to remove and replace.
- High-Quality wallpaper can last up to 15 years
- Most wallpaper types are washable
- You can use wallpapers to hide uneven walls and cover up defects
- You can customize them according to your taste
Why Hire a Professional Company?
Covering a wall with wallpaper isn’t as easy as it seems. Here are some of the benefits of hiring professionals.
- Get it right the first time with industry expertise
- A professional will have the right tools and equipment
- Their advice can help you with your interior design
- Don’t run the risk of damaging your home’s walls
- Save your own time and energy
Another essential thing to keep in mind is wallpaper removal. Applying wallpaper correctly is just as important as proper wallpaper removal; whether it’s to replace it or to paint it, it must be removed the correct way. Only professionals can get this job done right on the first try.
Pro Brush Painting & Remodeling: Your Best Choice
Pro Brush Painting & Remodeling has over ten years of experience in renovations and home improvement projects. Whether you want to replace your wallpaper and need wallpaper removal or paint your walls, we can make it happen! We are an Arlington remodeling company ready to help.
Give us a call or fill out our online form to help you with your next project.