There is something about wooden furniture that feels timeless and classic, from the different colors and finishes to the natural grain of the wood. Wood staining is the simple process of adding color to wood pieces within your home, such as decks and fences. Some of the many benefits that come from staining are that the color protects the wood from weathering & also that it gives a special touch.
At Pro Brush Painting & Remodeling, we’re a professional and well-established company that provides residential and commercial wood staining services in Arlington, TX, including painting, refinishing, remodeling, coating, staining, and more. In this article, we’ll walk you through the entire process of staining wood pieces like a professional.
10 Steps To Stain Wood Successfully
As we mentioned, staining a wood piece is a very simple process, but it still requires time and dedication. As professionals in the field we bring you the step by step process:
- Use a brush, a rag, or a sponge to apply the stain and cover the wood piece. Make sure you’ve covered all the space.
- Apply the stain to the wood in long, even strokes. Work in the direction of the grain to avoid leaving streaks and get a dazzling finish.
- Once you’ve covered the entire surface, let the stain sit for a few minutes.
- Wipe the wood piece off with a clean cloth.
- If you want to have a darker color, you can apply additional coats of stain until you get the expected results.
- Let the stain dry.
- Once dry, you’ll need to protect it with a sealer.
- Apply the sealer with a brush or sponge in long, even strokes.
- Let it dry completely before touching or testing the wood piece.
- Once it is completely dry, the new wood piece is ready to be part of your space.
5 Tips And Tricks You Must Know About Staining Wood
If you’d like to learn about how devices are created, or you just simply want to learn the process of staining wood, there are some tricks and tips you can follow to get the results you want. Here’s a list of processes you can execute before starting with the staining process:
- The first thing you need to do is sand the piece of wood that you will be staining. It’ll help you to create a smooth surface for the stain to adhere to.
- If the wood is already finished, you’ll want to sand it lightly with a fine-grit sandpaper.
- If the wood is unfinished you can sand it with a coarser grit sandpaper.
- Then clean the wood to remove any dust or debris..
- Work in the direction of the grain to avoid leaving streaks.
Learn More About Our Wood Staining Services
Our top-of-the-line deck and fence staining services are also very popular, as they help to protect your outdoor space from the elements and keep it looking its best. Cabinet refinishing is another high-quality service that we offer and provide with high-quality materials that will impact the finished product
Our cabinet refinishing service can really transform the look of your kitchen or bathroom. It is a great way to give a new look without having to replace all of your cabinets. It can also save you money by allowing you to keep your existing cabinets and simply give them an espectacular look..
Hire Our Professional Painting & Remodeling Services in Arlington, Tx
If you’re looking for professional services to execute wood staining, then Pro Brush Painting & Remodeling is perfect for you. We know how overwhelming this task can be. Our company has been in business for over 15 years providing top quality residential and commercial painting services in Arlington, TX.
Our professionals are qualified to provide you with the results you’re looking for. Despite it being an interesting task, it can be extremely exhausting, complicated, and time consuming. Wood staining is one of our most popular services – we have a wide variety of colors to choose from so that you can find the perfect match for your home or office.
If you’re interested in learning more about the process of staining wood, or if you want to get more information about our services, visit our website & contact us today!